Salary: A competitive salary package commensurate with experience.
The Swinton Estate is a multi-enterprise business covering over 20,000 acres of stunning countryside on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales and has been owned by the Cunliffe-Lister family since the 1880s. With ambitions for growth and sustainability, the Estate’s interests include property, agriculture, forestry, sporting, leisure, and renewable energy.
Following a decision to bring the management of the Estate inhouse, a career progressing opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Estate Manager to take a leading role delivering pre-agreed strategies across the agricultural, residential, and commercial portfolios with the support of the wider team, to take forward the Estates vision. The successful candidate will oversee and direct the operations, activities and enterprises undertaken on the Estate with the ambition to create significant long-term value whilst mindful of the opportunities that lie ahead for rural businesses around sustainability and the wider rural environment.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, and with regular contact with the owners, the successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- RICS qualified, likely to have a minimum of 4 years PQE in rural practice or estate management with an interest in visitor/leisure enterprises and an understanding of agricultural and residential businesses.
- Able to work collaboratively alongside other senior managers, you will demonstrate commercial and financial acumen and a strong empathy and understanding of the countryside and rural matters.
- A natural diplomat, highly focussed on delivery whilst approachable and supportive with excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Confident, energetic, and driven with good organisational and project management skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Resourceful, continually on the look out for new, added value opportunities and improvements to optimise all businesses.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help develop and enhance a growing estate business in an environment which encourages a strong team ethic as well as personal career development.
For a copy of the job description and to discuss confidentially please contact Helen Astill on 07721 437 085 or send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.